Frequently asked questions
- Who can buy on SarIBS - Sardinia Internet Book Store?
- I cannot find an interesting title I saw a while ago. What has happened?
- When can I consider the order placed?
- How can I receive a written receipt of my order?
- How can I check the total amount of my purchases?
- How long does it take for the delivery?
- How much does the transport cost?
- How do you safeguard my privacy?
- Which document does it accompany the goods?
- What is the minimum amount required to make an order?
- What payment methods are available?
- Are my online payments secure?
- How can I track my order?
- What happens if my parcel has been damaged or opened / mishandled?
- What happens if I am not there to accept the delivery?
- Is it possible to send an item as a gift?
- Can I cancel an order?
- Can I modify my profile once I have registered?
1. Who can buy on SarIBS - Sardinia Internet Book Store?
SarIBS - Sardinia Internet Book Store proposes articles of its catalogue to private customers (consumers) and professional customers (companies, book shops and public authorities).
2. I cannot find an interesting product I saw a while ago. What has happened?
SarIBS - Sardinia Internet Book Store daily updates its catalogue so the title list may change as for price and availability. Titles may go out of print and/or not be available for some time.
3. When can I consider the order placed?
The placing of the order coincides with a video message which informs of the transaction made (credit card, bank transfer, cash-on-delivery, etc.).
The customer also will be notified by e-mail which contains the details of the order placed.
4. How can I receive a written receipt of my order?
All the customers receive the summary of their order by e-mail specified at the filling of the order form.
They can also check and print their orders at any time entering the reserved area (Personal account
5. How can I check the total amount of my purchases?
You can do it at any time clicking on View cart
link in the Shopping cart box (top side of the screen).
The total amount displayed does not include shipping charges.
6. How long does it take for the delivery?
The shipping management has been entrusted to Poste Italiane S.p.A.
the customers can receive the goods (once the order is shipped) within 10 to 20 days.
7. How much does the transport cost?
may vary on the basis of the destination, weight and mean of transport chosen.
Rebates are foreseen if orders reach given amounts (valid for Italy only).
Particular conditions are foreseen for authorised professional buyers
They are calculated automatically at the checkout stage.
8. How do you safeguard my privacy?
SarIBS - Sardinia Internet Book Store respects your privacy according to the Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/03 (Italian Data Protection Act).
Please consult the privacy regulation specified in the guidance notes.
9. Which document does it accompany the goods?
The goods are always accompanied by an order summary and the courier way bill.
Companies and professional customers receive a copy of the invoice in Adobe Acrobat PDF format when the order is dispatched.
Private customers (consumers) can ask for the invoice
at the filling of the order form.
10. What is the minimum amount required to place an order?
There's no minimum amount required.
11. What payment methods are available?
Payments may be made via PayPal or bank transfer (Postal Payment or Payment on receipt is available for Italy only).
12. Are my online payments secure?
Your payments are secure, thanks to SSL
protocol, one of the most reliable secure payment systems
available on the Internet.
All of your information entered in PayPal
are protected and encrypted before they are sent for processing.
13. How can I track my order?
After your order has been placed, you will receive by e-mail the notices about the stages of the order process.
After the order is dispatched, you can follow the delivery with the tracking number (e-mailed to you from SarIBS - Sardinia Internet Book Store) that the courier provides.
Customers can check and print their orders at any time entering the reserved area (Personal account
14. What happens if my parcel has been damaged or opened / mishandled?
For opened or damaged deliveries, do not sign for or accept the parcel.
Instruct the driver to return the parcel to us.
In both cases, please contact us
15. What happens if I am not there to accept the delivery?
If it is not possible to deliver the consignment because no one is at the delivery address to accept it, the courier will leave a note with the details of the consignment.
The intended recipient should then contact the courier within 5 days to collect the consignment directly from the courier's warehouse or to arrange a new delivery.
16. Is it possible to send an item as a gift?
If desired, the item may be sent to a recipient other than the purchaser, and a personal message can be sent along with the item.
The transport documentation shipped with the consignment does not state the prices of the items purchased.
17. Can I cancel an order?
Orders pending may be canceled. This may be done through your Personal Account
or by writing
18. Can I modify my profile once I have registered?
You may change your profile by logging in to your Personal Account
and clicking on "Modify your details